Conditions We Treat
What is Scoliosis?
Scoliosis is a sideways curve in your backbone (or spine). Often, it first shows up when you’re a child or teenager. The angle of the curve may be small, large, or somewhere in between. But anything that measures more than 10 degrees on an X-ray is considered scoliosis.
Scoliosis Q & A
Signs and Symptoms of Scoliosis
- A visible curve in your back
- Shoulders, a waist, or hips that look uneven
- One shoulder blade that looks bigger
- Ribs that stick out farther on one side of your body than the other
In addition to visible symptoms, scoliosis may lead to:
- Low back pain
- Back stiffness
- Pain and numbness in your legs (from pinched nerves)
- Fatigue due to muscle strain
What are available Scoliosis Treatments?
Patients suffering from scoliosis have choices at Downtown’s Healthcare. With a variety of traditional and cutting-edge scoliosis solutions to choose from, the team can incorporate one or more to provide pain relief and improved function. We start with a very thorough evaluation to see if you are a candidate for services at our office. Options include:
- Physical Medicine
- Physical therapy
- Chiropractic care
- Nutrition therapy
- Cooperative Injectables for Healing and Support including PRP, HCTP, Ozone
- mHCTT – micro Human Cell Tissue Transplant
- Joint injection tissue transplant