Conditions We Treat
How Does Downtown’s Healthcare address Peripheral Neuropathy?
Peripheral Neuropathy can lead to numbness, tingling and pain in your feet or hands. An estimated 20 million Americans experience some type of nerve pain or nerve damage. The pain management specialists at Downtown’s Healthcare offer cutting-edge, non-drug, non-surgical solutions for nerve pain and peripheral neuropathy to relieve your discomfort and improve symptoms. To schedule an appointment with the pain specialists, call the office in Denver, CO, or click the online booking button.
Neuropathy Q & A
What is Peripheral Neuropathy?
What are the Symptoms of Peripheral Neuropathy?
Symptoms may include:
- Numbness in your hands or feet
- Tingling or prickling sensations in your hands or feet
- Sharp or electrical pains
- Inability to differentiate hot from cold
- Muscle weakness
- Difficulty walking or lack of coordination leading to falls
- Feet or hands becoming sensitive to the touch
What Causes Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Toxins such as Agent Orange or Chemotherapy
- Classes of medication including cholesterol lowering statin drugs
- Alcohol abuse
- Surgical error
How is Peripheral Neuropathy Treated?
Our team of medical providers at Downtown’s Healthcare take an innovative and comprehensive approach to treating both your symptoms and the underlying causes of your neuropathy. A thorough health history and ample diagnostic testing help us determine underlying causes for neuropathic conditions. Then, a customized treatment plan is created which includes a combination of treatment modalities to reverse nerve
damage and restore nerve function.
If you’re tired of living with the painful symptoms of peripheral neuropathy, let the experts at Downtown’s Healthcare help you get relief that works and help to create a healthier you. Call or schedule an appointment online today.