Conditions We Treat
What Is Elbow Pain?
Elbow pain is most often the result of tendinitis, which can affect the inner or outer elbow. Treatment includes ice, rest, and medication for inflammation. Elbow pain has many other causes including trauma, arthritis, and bursitis. Funny bone sensation is irritation of a nerve at the elbow that causes numbness and tingling of the inner elbow, forearm as well as little and ring fingers. Bacteria can infect the skin of a scraped (abraded) elbow to cause pain.
Elbow Pain Q&A
What causes Elbow pain?
Common causes of elbow pain include:
- Broken arm
- Bursitis (joint inflammation)
- Dislocated elbow
- Golfer’s elbow
- Osteoarthritis (disease causing the breakdown of joints)
- Osteochondritis dissecans
- Rheumatoid arthritis (inflammatory joint disease)
- Stress fractures
- Tennis elbow
- Throwing injuries
- Trapped nerves
What are the available Elbow pain treatments?
- Physical Medicine
- Physical therapy
- Chiropractic care
- Nutrition therapy
- Cooperative Injectables for Healing and Support including PRP, HCTP, Ozone
- mHCTT – micro Human Cell Tissue Transplant
- Joint injection tissue transplant
- Supplements and nutraceuticals
Downtown’s Healthcare also offers a revolutionary non-surgical elbow pain program that can help you avoid surgery and regain a full life.
What Are other Downtown’s Healthcare Procedures for Elbows?
Downtown’s Healthcare procedures use sophisticated image-guided injections to place high-dose platelet-rich plasma or HCTP products. These are breakthrough, nonsurgical procedures for people suffering from elbow pain due to common injuries, overuse conditions, and arthritis. So, if you’re looking for an alternative to elbow surgery in Colorado, what you really need is what we offer at Downtown’s Healthcare. Traditional options for patients suffering from these conditions include:
- medial epicondyle release (for golfer’s elbow),
- lateral epicondylitis release (for tennis elbow),
- elbow interpositional arthroplasty, and
- total elbow replacement.
With both surgeries, months of rehab are required, and the patient must be aware of and prepared to take on the risks. As an alternative, Downtown’s healthcare offers a multidisciplinary approach to help alleviate elbow pain and the conditions that cause it with a sophisticated office injection procedures.